Have you ever asked yourself ‘What is Therapy and How Does It Work?’. Are you struggling with issues related to trauma, grief, depression, stress relationships, addiction, anxiety, or major life changes? There comes a time when we need some help from a qualified therapist to help cope with many of lifes challenges.
I’m a BACP registered therapist in the West of England offering online and face to face therapy services to the U.K. Trained in person centred therapy I’d love to help you on your journey toward healing and self-discovery.
What is person centred therapy?
- At the core of person centred therapy (PCT) is the belief that people possess an innate need to be the best they can be.
- Past relationships on a familial and societal level can feed into our sense of self which can become distorted by a need to ‘fit in’.
- I strive to provide a therapeutic environment where the client feels safe emotionally and physically.
- There are three core conditions which help to develop and maintain the therapeutic relationship:
- Empathy – I will endeavour to ‘get where you are coming’ from;
- Unconditional positive regard – I will be non – judgemental and value you as a person;
- Congruence – I will be genuine with you.
- The therapeutic relationship will help you to be more like yourself – and to like yourself more.
- PCT considers you to be the expert on yourself.
Sessions can benefit people in many ways and not only those with mental health issues. For example, they can help with difficult decisions e.g. changing jobs or moving house.
What Can Therapy Help With?
- Stress management
- Personal growth
- Domestic abuse
- Relationship issues
- Social anxiety
I have particular interests in:
- Criminal Justice
- Family Court
- Social Services
- Men’s issues.
I am pleased to say that since opening the doors of my therapy practice in 2013, I have provided clients in the West of England with a wide range of services. I offer online services that are COVID safe, involve less travel, are more convenient and confidential.
Reasons some people prefer online counselling therapy.
- Less of a time constraint.
- Can fit in around work and family.
- Greater confidentiality.
- No travel.
As a member of the British association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP UK) I adhere to their Code of Ethics.
What is Therapy and How Does It Work? To sum up, life can be overwhelming and challenging, but I’m here to help and support you through any challenges you may face. Don’t hang back, my goal is to help you understand yourself more deeply and not only feel better but be better.